Sikkuy is a shared Jewish and Arab nonprofit organization that works to advance equality and partnership between the Arab-Palestinian citizens of Israel – descendants of those who remained within the Israeli borders after the founding of the state in 1948 – and the country’s Jewish citizens. Since its founding in 1991, Sikkuy has sought to bring an end to the longstanding discrimination and ongoing inequality between these two groups and lay the foundation for a truly shared society.
Sikkuy seeks a Senior Grant Writer (global) who will have overall responsibility for the development and writing of all English language grant requests and reports. This person may also have responsibility for the writing of English language content such as newsletters, social media posts, and so on. Writing and development of grants, reports, and other content in Hebrew and/or in Arabic will be considered according to skill sets.
- Excellent English-language communication skills: speaking and writing, significant proven experience preparing grant proposals, grant reports, etc.
- Passionate about equality and shared society between the Jewish and Arab citizens of Israel
- Strong interpersonal communication and interaction skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team player
- 75-100% position
- English as mother tongue
- Hebrew language skills a strong advantage
- Arabic language skills an advantage
- Comfortable with social media platforms
- Familiarity with civil society issues: advocacy and policy change, equality and shared society, and Arab-Jewish partnership, is an advantage
Location: Offices in Haifa and Jerusalem. Some flexibility in work hours is necessary. Remote work is possible. Be able to travel using private car and public transportation as appropriate.
To submit your application, please send your CV and a one page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 20, 2021.