Sikkuy is seeking: Director of Resource Development
Sikkuy, a leading shared Jewish-Arab NGO in Israel working in the field of equality and shared society between Arab and Jewish citizens of Israel seeks: Director of Resource Development who will have overall responsibility for ensuring the ongoing stability as well as strategic expansion of Sikkuy from philanthropic sources. The qualified candidate will lead a team of highly motivated resource development personnel raising funds in Israel, Europe and North America. 60-100% position.
- Manage Sikkuy’s resource development efforts at the strategic and applied levels
- Supervise a team of grant writers and grant associates to prepare grant applications and reports, and also, as needed, write reports and applications.
- Develop and maintain high level contacts in Israel and abroad with both new, and existing individual philanthropists, Jewish federations, foundations and international government funders
- Plan and organize fundraising trips for Sikkuy’s leadership
- Pursue new fundraising and strategic opportunities and support developing new program areas
- Interface with Sikkuy’s CFO on financial reporting and financial management including fulfillment of all contracts according to grant stipulations
- Interface with Sikkuy Public Affairs Department in preparation of newsletters and other media outreach
- 60% – 100% position
- At least three years of experience at the level of director of resource development preferably in a comparable sized NGO with responsibility for fundraising for an annual budget of at least 5 million NIS per year – an advantage
- Proven knowledge and commitment to the mission of advancing equality and shared society between the Arab and Jewish citizens in Israel and able to articulate this mission in writing and in presentations to donors
- Prior relevant management experience including managing staff and work plans
- Deep sensitivity and understanding of the USA, European and Israeli donor community
- Academic degree
- Lives in Israel
- Native-level English speaker with outstanding English writing skills; fluent spoken/comprehension Hebrew with preference for good Hebrew writing skills. Arabic language skills an advantage
- At least 3 years’ proven success in writing high quality grants and reports in the fields of civil rights, Jewish-Arab relations, social change etc. for individual donors and foundations – examples will be requested and reviewed as part of the application processes
- Preference to candidate with at least one successfully funded EU or USAID grant application
- Social media fluency including capacity to use social media to advance resource development – an advantage
- Computer literacy: OFFICE, EXCEL, CRM and on-line grant reporting and submission, social media fluency
Position is supervised by Sikkuy’s co-executive directors.
Work location: Offices in Haifa and Jerusalem; Ability to travel to meetings in Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, Haifa, and other locations in Israel. Some flexibility in work hours is desirable. Some work from home possible; Be able to travel using private car and public transportation as appropriate.
Please include one-page explanatory letter and CV.
Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org